Spend A Little Time To Keep Your Leather Looking Great
Leather furniture looks always unique and classic. It is a luxurious investment which brings some magnificent transformation into your room interiors. A couch made of leather or a chair upholstered in the premium quality of leather does not just look like a million bucks but also feels like one.
As it is a natural product, it warms up during the winter, letting you snuggle comfortably under a cozy blanket. In summers, the surface of the leather sofa feels cool and brushes gently against your skin. Although owing one luxurious leather sofa is a matter of joy, but it requires proper care and precautions in order to prolong its life.
Ideally, leather is like wine, it just gets better with age. According to famous furniture designer Timothy Oulton,” The best way to think of leather is that it is like your skin. Good-quality aniline leather is a natural, breathable material; it changes over time”.
Just like skin, leather also requires regular care to look beautiful for years. A high-quality leather sofa is an investment and the best way to make your expenditure worth is to maintain it well. Here are some simple tips that can help you keep your furniture stunningly beautiful, for many more years to come.
- Leather can absorb dyes, thus, never place a printed material on your couch or sofa. The ink can seep in through the skin and leave ugly stains over its surface.
- The worst thing that you can do with your couch or a sofa upholstered in leather is not to maintain it correctly. Never let the stains settle in. To prevent the discoloration always treat the spills as soon as possible.
- You can maintain the life and beauty of your furniture by cleaning it regularly. Dusting off the dirt on daily basis will prevent your couch from looking dingy.
- Remove the crumbs and debris by using the vacuum cleaner on daily basis. It will maintain the shine and texture of your leather.
- Use a good leather conditioner every 5-6 months.
- Avoid using sharp objects as leather scratches easily.
- To remove a blot always uses a dry and soft cloth. Always perform a spot test in an inconspicuous spot to make sure it does not absorb water.
- Harsh detergents, solvents, cleaning agents and other chemicals should be avoided. Never soak the stain heavily with water as it can cause more damage than the stain itself.
- If you have pets at your home, then always buy a protected leather material.
- Keep your sofa or couch away from the direct sunlight as it can cause discoloration. The harmful UV rays can color fade the smooth texture and surface of your leather sofa.
- Seat, arm and back cushions, including fixed pads, should be regularly plumped up to maintain the shape of your suite.
The leather is a natural product. It has some individual characteristics which make it exquisite and elegant. Every hide is unique and thus exhibits traces of its origin such as scars, brands, growth, and creases. The leather is resilient and highly durable over time. It develops a patina over a period of time which adds to its character and enhances its appeal. You can explore some amazing Italian designer leather furniture at //www.idus.in/sofa.