How To Choose An Office Chair That Suits You
Choosing and buying office chairs that suits our purpose and style is indeed a daunting task. With a lot of technical details and phrases involved, any person can take advantage of our ignorance and fool us into believing that their chair is the right one for us. We have here two of the most common office chair mechanisms explained so that you don’t have that blank expression when they try to tell you the difference between synchronized and knee-tilt mechanism, and how their chair is the best ergonomic office chair there is! After all, knowledge is power.
1. Knee Tilt Mechanism
- Knee tilt mechanism allows the chair to pivot from its front edge. Front of the chair does not rise as the back of the chair reclines, reducing pressure under the knees which is better for posture and can reduce fatigue.
- Seat and back move backward in tandem and exists in chairs with the fixed seat-to-back relationship.
- The knee tilt action allows the person’s feet to stay flat on the floor when the chair is tilted backward.
- A knee tilt mechanism will have height adjustment, tilt tension and be able to lock the backrest in multiple positions, helping you choose the best reclining position, according to your preference.
- Knee tilt chairs provide full adjustment support for multiple tasks. These are ideal for general office, task and executive seating.
2. Synchronized Mechanism
- This reclines backrest and seat together at a ratio of 2.5:1 for optimal seating position with a lock any position function.
- The synchro-tilt mechanism adjusts the angle of both the back and seat simultaneously.
- The seat will go up and down and you can fix or free float the angle of the seat and backrest together – usually in a ratio of 3:1, so for every one degree the seat tilts, the backrest tilts three degrees.
- Ideal for executive seating.
Take a close look at the features of this office chair. These are the basic features that every ergonomic chair should have.
- Headrest: Cushioned, Adjustable
- Armrests: Depth and swivel adjustments
- Base: Di-cast aluminum in high polish, dual wheel casters in black nylon.
- Backrest: breathable mesh for proper ventilation and thermal comfort
- Lumbar support pad: adjustable lumbar support that customizes according to individual shape and size
- Strong backbone: Di-cast aluminum in premium polish
- Chair Mechanisms: A Synchro-tilt mechanism with tilt tension control, multiple locking positions, and pneumatic seat height control.
Does your chair support such mechanisms? If not, then it is time for you to think about investing in a good chair that contributes to a better posture, health and increases work productivity.
You should know that selecting an appropriate office chair is of paramount importance. Since we have to use it for prolonged hours at work, we need to watch out for our health and posture. Trust ergonomic office chairs to provide comfort and relaxation all day long. To know more about the best office chairs in terms of styles, classy designs, ergonomics, and comfort visit www.idus.in/office/office-chairs